Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Riding in the Zach Van (aka "What is this blog about?")

Hi, I'm Zach. Nice to meet you. Welcome to my blog, make yourself at home.

I guess the best place to start is a bit of history:


THE ZACH VAN, A HISTORY

There is a show, on the American network ABC, called Once Upon A Time. It's a fantastic series where all the fairy tale characters that we know live together in the Enchanted Forest. A vengeful Evil Queen decides to take revenge on Snow White by casting a Dark Curse that will transport everyone to our world, where they will forget who they are and be trapped in time. The only one who can save everyone is Snow White and Prince Charming's daughter Emma, who is sent here ahead of the Curse so that she can one day fulfill her destiny.

An adult Emma later arrives in the Maine town of Storybrooke, where the Evil Queen is the mayor, Jiminy Cricket is the town psychiatrist, and her mother Snow White is a schoolteacher of the same age. If that weren't enough, Emma is brought to town in the first place by her 10-year-old son Henry, given up for adoption at birth and adopted by the Evil Queen. Together Emma and Henry must work to break the Curse. As crazy as all that sounds, it's really a show about family, and love, and hope, and faith. It's awesome. I love it.

About a year ago I wanted to find other Oncers and found Once Upon A Fan, the biggest fansite for the show. I started writing fan theories about little clues I spotted and what would happen with the future storylines. Eventually I became a member of the site's staff and after a whirlwind of events, I'm now scheduled to attend San Diego Comic-Con as press with Once Upon A Fan. (More on that in the future.)

HERE COMES THE BLOG

I started this blog because the entertainment industry has really shaped the course of my life and my future in the last year and I wanted to share my ongoing experiences with other people. It's pretty crazy to go from general-population Internet-browser to writing for a website, attending Comic-Con and publishing my own content.

As far as what this blog is about, well, it's about a lot of things. I love pop culture and the entertainment industry, preferences tend to sway towards fantasy, sci-fi, horror and comedy. I love film production and movie trivia. I love nature and grand landscapes, great food and enjoying life's experiences. Occasionally I'll go off on a tangent about the meaning of life or the sheer awesomeness of colors, things on a more spirital/metaphysical level. You'll probably see Once Upon A Time-related posts and theories also. So that's the kind of journey I'll be taking with this blog, in the Zach Van. Hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment